We'll start class with a quick review of the ADDIE model of instructional
design. You will be using this to create learning media for the rest
of the semester, so let's refresh our knowledge.
The Creative Process in Movie Making
- Plan the story (ADDIE)
- Gather the resources
- Edit the resources
- Create the story
- Assesemble the timeline
- Add transitions and other finishing touches
- Export the Movie
iMovie ships with decent tutorials built into its help system. They
can be all you need to get started.
iLife '06 Tutorials
- These are quite good, though filled with self-promotion.
- Atomic Learning
- Our old friend is quite useful here.
Digital Video Making
for making your movie
- Apple's tutorial specifically for educators. Good fundemental ideas.
- A Short Course in
- He's trying to sell a book, but another good resource.
In Blackboard under Assignments you will find an MS Word file in the
section iMovie Practice titled PracticeWithImovie.doc. Download it and
we will work through it together.