What did you learn this week?
As quickly as possible, talk about one thing you learned this week from
Blackboard is ODU's educational computer conferencing system. We will
use it for this class in a number of ways:
- Access to course materials (the Web site will also remain active)
- Interclass discussion
- All tests
- Grade book
- Electronic dropbox to turn in course assignments
If you haven't used anything like this, you'll find the following useful:
Especially helpful is the Blackboard Basics section. This is an online
tutorial outlining the basics. By next week, please:
- Log into Blackboard
- Post an introduction
- Use the Digital Drop Box to send me a document. This can be anything
(one page); I especially like recipes!
Facilities walk through.
Should be able to:
- set up mike
- switch cameras
Instructional Design Model
We will walk through the Instructional Design process in class, using
some educational context you define. The steps follow the ADDIE model:
...and are outlined in the class lecture.
Download this guide (.pdf file) to work with in class.
Assignments Due Sept 12
- Reiser/Dempsey Chapter 4
- Clark(94) - available in Blackboard
- Kozma(94) - available in Blackboard
- Optional Readings
- Jonassen, et al(94) - available in Blackboard
- Fill out course survey if you haven't
yet done so
- Word process your design document
and submit it to me in Bb using the Digital Dropbox. Use Word, and Ill
notate using Words track changes function. (Or Ill put stickies
on a pdf. file). We will use this document as a basis for work on learning
theories, so keep a copy in hand.